Friday, May 18, 2007

Only 5 weeks left!

We are currently half way through our time here in Switzerland and I finanlly have some pictures to show you from around our small village here.

This is my favorite tree on the base and I know it looks just like every other kind of tree but I liked it so I thought I would share it with you.


These are our cows, by that I mean the cows this YWAM base owns which live in the field behind and produce all of the milk we drink here.










This is a small stream that is very near the base, once again I just liked the picture so thats why you are seeing it.

This is the Clock Tower that is just a little up the road from us but can been seen cleary from our window. It chimes
every hour and than once on the half hour, starting at 7 am and stops at 10. So needless to say it is my alarm clock.














This is one of the many fountains around the village, they used to be used for different purposes, from washing clothes to providing water for the homes. Now they simply remind us of the history of this small village.
Thanks for going on this tour of Burtigny with us, I hope that you have a better understanding of what our small village looks like now. Check back often because we will be adding more soon!

No comments: